Sunday, December 30, 2007

San Jose Mercury News - Dig it: Your 2008 planting calendar

I LOVE this planting calendar from San Jose! It makes the push here in Seattle through January seem easy somehow. I mean-- look at May -- "We're in full swing now. Water deeply; don't sprinkle. Smart buys: sun loving tomatoes and peppers."

Living this far north without sun is harder than the rains. The rains are here for the same reason we have big trees and salmon. And I can live with that gift. But the withdrawl of light and the chilly mornings, the snow-- even in warm Seattle next to the Sound-- that is "challenging."

I never thought I would say I look forward to a retail show-- but I actually enjoy being at the Northwest Flower & Garden Show. It is such a signal of spring here.


Do you have a planting calendar to share? --TSC

San Jose Mercury News - Dig it: Your 2008 planting calendar

No comments: